Monday, November 16, 1998

Dateline Stanford: Sports extravaganza weekend

Well, it was a sports extravaganza this weekend. We went 3-0 in games that I attended. Friday night the women's volleyball team swept Oregon in three games. On Saturday, men's water polo demolished UC Davis 19-3. It was the final home game of the season. The football team managed to win their second game of the season 38-28 later on Saturday to move into second to last place in the PAC-10. I didn't go to the game.

And the big news of the week was that I was picked to get tickets to two men's basketball games in a lottery of leftover tickets. The first game was Saturday night versus UC Davis. I got to sit in the UC Davis section. :) Luckily for me, we beat them soundly 76-49. (Getting tickets to a men's basketball game is impressive because people were willing to sleep out for _two weeks_ to get season tickets. Stanford is ranked #3 and made the final four last year.)

And Sunday night I went to _There's Something About Mary_ at Flicks here on campus. Hilarious movie. The theatre was packed.

Today in White Plaza on my way back from class I noticed the band was playing. One guy was dressed up like the Crow and had impaled a teddy bear on the fountain. It's some sort of spirit thing for the big game against UC Berkeley, which is this weekend.