Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving preparations

We're having Kathy's family over for Thanksgiving again this year so today was spent doing a lot of preparation work... we did the big Safeway trip (got there around 5 so the store was not crowded yet - yay), and last night I replaced the dimmer switch that burned out recently with a better one that has a separate slider and on/off switch, plus replaced the bulbs in the track lights. I wasn't able to find CFLs that would work so I just went with 60W halogens for now. Maybe later I will get some different fixtures for the track that can hold a dimmable CFL flood (which seem to only come in the long neck versions of the bulbs).

Also, is it just me or is it really, really annoying that everyone seems to have forgotten about waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to start the Christmas music and decorations? In some cases, Christmas stuff was out even before Halloween.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will not acquiesce in on it. I assume precise post. Specially the title attracted me to study the unscathed story.