Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Already Voted

I've been a permanent absentee voter in California since the switch to electronic voting machines... given a paper trail for accountability and recount purposes I'm no longer opposed to electronic voting, but I just preferred the level of privacy and ease of referring to my sample ballot that the old method allowed.

This election is the first time I am actually turning in my ballot before election day, however. Kathy and I went through the propositions today and made our decisions. It's tough when there are 12 statewide propositions and 4 local propositions. Seems like we are doing the legislature's job for them sometimes.

In the end, I voted no on most of the propositions, though I did vote for a few. I also found a cool new website called Ballotpedia with lots of information for anyone who hasn't voted yet.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/California_2008_ballot_measures

No comments: