Thursday, July 28, 2005

New car musing and blog title pronunciation

One thing I've noticed in the four months since I've had the new Prius is that I'm much more often the driver for group activities... previously I had a 1990 Honda Accord and it was much more rare to have more than one passenger.

This is a good thing in some ways. I'm getting around 45-46 MPG on average, so the environmental impact is lower to take my car. It just wasn't a change that I ever expected when I was shopping for a new car.

On a completely unrelated note, I wanted to clarify how to pronounce my blog title. It's "coop-town" even though it's spelled like the u is short. This is the same as the first syllable of Cupertino, since "cup-town" is an affectionate nickname for Cupertino. Hope that clears things up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good you explained the blog title. I was wondering.

Jason Townsend said...

I'm debating whether to spell it as "cupe-town" instead to avoid the confusion, but when I searched for the spelling before it seemed like "cup-town" was it.