Saturday, July 30, 2005

Primer

I saw a movie called Primer last night, and I have to say it was pretty awesome. It's a sci-fi movie but was done on a $7000 budget and revolves around the story of some friends working on a project in a garage and what happens when they discover and explore an unintended side effect of their invention.

It was quite confusing after about the 3/4 mark when some significant plot twists occurred, but after reading some of the material online about it I think I mostly understand what happened. Probably will have to do at least one more viewing to fully absorb it. I think this is the first movie I've seen since Memento that really had a quite original and challenging to understand story.

In the interest of not spoiling it for anyone I'll avoid giving you any more detail other than that.

No comments: