Friday, July 22, 2005

Upcoming TV show conflicts

It seems like every season I invariably have at least one or two conflicts between shows I want to watch. Fall 2005 is going to be no different even though some of my shows were cancelled or ended their run in 2004-2005. It seems that the networks have conspired to move shows into conflict anyway.

Here's how the current lineup looks (in ranked order of show preference):

1) Monday 9pm-10pm: 24 (Jan 2006)
2) Wednesday 9pm-10pm: Lost
3) Wednesday 9pm-10pm: Veronica Mars
4) Friday 10pm-11pm: Battlestar Galactica
5) Thursday 9pm-10pm: Everwood
6) Thursday 8pm-9pm: Alias
7) Thursday 8pm-9pm: Smallville
8) Wednesday 8pm-9pm: One Tree Hill
9) Sunday 10pm-11pm: Grey's Anatomy
10) Thursday 10pm-11pm: ER
11) Friday 8pm-8:30pm: What I Like About You
12) Thursday 8pm-8:30pm: Joey

Out of these, notice how the evil networks managed to create a conflict between Lost and Veronica Mars (my number 2 and number 3 shows) as well as a conflict between Alias and Smallville (my number 6 and 7 shows). The unfortunate thing about this is I came up with the ranking before I had seen the schedule grid, so it really is a toss up on both of those conflicts.

Hopefully I'll have a second TiVo set up by the time the season starts. If not I suppose the VCR will be placed back into service.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much.. last season I had conflicts between 24 and Everwood, One Tree Hill and Veronica Mars, Lost and Smallville, Enterprise and What I Like About You, and life as we know it and Tru Calling. Based on what I've seen about the new shows coming out this season, there's not much that I'm interested in picking up in my schedule. Also, even among the returning shows above, from number 8 on I'm not 100% convinced that I want to keep the show for this coming season.

So, it kind of sucks that with 18 different hour long timeslots for each network that my top 7 shows yielded two conflicts.

No comments: